Early Education Practitioner - Childminding Coordinator
My name is Julie and I am proud to say I have been involved with childminding in Newham for over 30 years.
I was a childminder for 20 years and during this time trained as a childcare teacher and assessor; for the past 6 years I have worked within Children’s Centre’s as a childminding coordinator.
My current role as an EEP at Edith Kerrison Children’s Centre involves an additional responsibility of supporting parents to access funded places for 2,3 and 4 year olds.
As the Early Education Practitioner (EEP) I am committed to:
- Working in partnership with LBN to support any new childminders to complete their induction training, inviting them to attend the network upon registration with Ofsted.
- Developing resources for childminders to support their practice.
- Devising an individual training/action plan with each childminder which will support their individual professional development.
- Assisting childminders to develop their setting and individual practice for the benefit of the children they care for, as well as their own professional development.
- Supporting childminders in working in partnership with parents, developing strategies for home learning.
- Informing childminders of, and supporting them to adhere to changes in local and national policy.
- Providing a suitable venue, resourced appropriately, to expand practitioner knowledge and understanding of supporting learning according to the EYFS
- Ensure that all their safeguarding policies and procedures are adhered to, and that childminders are aware of their responsibility in safeguarding children; this includes completing their annual Safeguarding Audit.
- Promoting 15/30 hours funded childcare places for 2, 3 and 4 year olds